Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Speedometer stoped working. 2002 chrysler town country.

Customer Question
speedometer stoped working Mechanic's...

speedometer stoped working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 chrysler town country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/6/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: tracer5, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
tracer5
tracer5, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall Sorry for the delay. Is the van shifting ok?

Thanks, ***** ***** me a few minutes while I gather information, Back shortly

engine size? and is the AWD?

Found the answer. needed to reset .It was below the pin. fine now..

ok

Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The root cause of the speedometer needle wrapping around to the wrong side of the stop is battery voltage to the instrument cluster falling too low while cranking the engine. Unless this started because you had drained the battery because something was left on, you almost surely will need a battery. Most big chain parts stores and even Wal-Mart will load test batteries for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.