Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Came out yesterday morning and the radio doesn't work just a…

Customer Question
Came out yesterday morning...

Came out yesterday morning and the radio doesn't work just a white screen the DVD player still works for the movies but no sound will come through because of the radio and the back-up camera is not working because of the radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

It came with the vehicle it's a 430 radio for the 2011 Town and Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

All Factory

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven't tried anything because I don't know what to do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/5/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question?

The question is everything in my vehicle is working perfectly fine came out yesterday morning he radio wouldn't come on it won't play it won't display any of the of the settings or anything it's just a white screen it won't let any sounds come out the speaker it also won't let you see out of the backup cameras the radio is a 430 for a 2011 Town and Country, now the DVD player which is down lower on the dash it will still play the DVDs on the 2 back screens but because of the radio you can't hear any sound for the movies

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if you have not yet, be sure to check all fuses related to the radio and entertainment system.

if all fuses are good then unfortunately it is a simple failure of the main unit in the dash - not terribly uncommon. you will need to have it replaced - you can likely find a reasonably priced used option on ebay

sorry to have potentially bad news but I trust that my honest and prompt response is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.