Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Chrysler 2008 pt cruiser that the rear hatch will…

Customer Question
I have a Chrysler...

I have a Chrysler 2008 pt cruiser that the rear hatch will not open with the touch barb. I took it to my mechanic and he said it was the power lock he took the back panel off now I hear the lock clicking. I went to the dealer to get the part to fix it and he said 220.00 plus tax!. Then he told me I couldn't get a refund if it was the wron part. What part do you think I Need

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I have actually had this problem for two weeks. I only heard the noise today due to the mechanic taking off the inner panel of the rear hatch. I can actually see the lock. Even when the car is sunning you can hear the lock clicking like it is trying to release.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I actually took it to my mechanic. He is saying we can get the part from the junk yard. I am talking to you to see what part you think i need

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it and thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/5/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

does the hatch open otherwise, just not from the touch ?