Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 town and country rear wiper stalls then moves half way…

Customer Question
2005 town and country...

2005 town and country rear wiper stalls then moves half way then stops then moves then stops. Disconnected connector to wiper motor has 12 volts constant one wire, ground one wire, 12 volts intermittent one wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

One wire has 12 volts , one wire ground ,one wire is intermittent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tested voltage at the rear wiper motor connection

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/5/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So that is controlled by the bcm I would check the connector at the bcm to make sure it was secure and that it was not corroded

looked in owners manual for fuse guide,, no help. Lid of fuse cover bcm I think is not accurate presentation of fuse and relay layout, all fuses that I could test with 12 volt test light tested good. I disconnected rear wiper motor and using the test light had one wire in connector assumed ground one 12 volt, one intermittent like my wiper is. Don't think the rear wiper has an intermittent feature.
not yet

right there is no fuse for that its controlled by the bcm I would check the connector at the bcm to make sure it was secure and that it was not corroded, and do a vehicle reset and try again

which connector in the bcm, what is a reset

I would check them all and a reset is when you pull the neg battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min wait 15 more then install positive then negative

do you mean the fuses and relays?

no I mean the bcm

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Remove the lower instrument panel silencer.
  3. Remove the knee blocker and reinforcement
  4. Disconnect the five wire connectors from the bottom of the Body Control Module (BCM).
  5. Move bulkhead wiring aside.
  6. Remove the screws holding the BCM to the bulkhead.
  7. Remove the BCM from the mounting bracket.
I will not be able to do that today I will have to get back to you

ok sounds good ill be here

when I log back in my password ***** get me back to you?

yes it will be in your account and you will have the responses in your e mail you can come back that way too

ok thank you

sure thing!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Looked at the bcm, no ground wires, lots of pins in the plugs, no way to know which or how many are grounds. Replaced with same results then today the wiper is working as it should. Don't know where the bcm grounds are located, probably on the engine compartment body somewhere, could have a bad ground there I guess. Is working as should at the moment.

well that great, im glad its functioning properly now

Well, I didn't fix anything, I am sure it will act up again, maybe I can locate some of the grounds around the engine compartment and check those, will see, Thanks

sure thing ill be around