Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When trying to start it will continue to start but will not…

Customer Question
When trying to start...

When trying to start it will continue to start but will not turn over. I have sit there for about 5 minutes then it would turn over. Now the check engine light is on and it will not allow me to go over 30mph.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays blinking then it goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 Chrysler Aspen

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/5/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you had the battery checked? whats the charging system voltage at the battery?

No I am not with the car

ok I would have the battery checked first and also verify the charging system is working with a voltmeter at the battery

Ok. I don't think we have a tune up on the since we bought it in 2010

getting the check engine light codes would be good as well, do you have access to a scanner?

No. I will have Auto zone scan it for me

ok sounds good just let me know what you come up with

hows it going?