Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to disabled my alarm so my broken key will start my…

Customer Question
I need to disabled...

I need to disabled my alarm so my broken key will start my car 2008 Sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/4/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

There is not a way to bypass this theft system without having a working coded key. You can trick the system by placing a working key in the steering column but you do not have a working key. A local locksmith can come to you and program keys onsite.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I have the key it just won't start the car

With the key in the run position is the theft light on or flashing or off?

Flashing

Since it is flashing that means this key is no longer going to work to start this vehicle. You need to have 2 keys programmed to the vehicle with a diagnostic tool.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris