Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a 2007 Pacifica today. It was running perfect. IT…

Customer Question
I bought a 2007...

I bought a 2007 Pacifica today. It was running perfect. IT didn't come with the remote so when I open the door the alarm goes off, but when you start it it goes off. Anyway, I did a factory reset with the buttons for the functions where the gauges are. Now it won't start and all the lights went out like the battery is dead. I hope it's just the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I know how to put a battery in. But I have nothing to check it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just bought it like hours ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if I pushed factory reset if that would cause what happened. The lights to go out and not start. Because I do not have the remote.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/4/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

You stated: " I just want to know if I pushed factory reset if that would cause what happened. The lights to go out and not start. Because I do not have the remote."

No, there is nothing that you could do by factory resetting anything that should have caused your symptoms. The fact that you just purchased it and it possibly sitting on the car lot for an undetermined amount of time would definitely cause me to suspect a failed battery. I HIGHLY recommend to have the place your purchased the vehicle (If it is a car lot) to replace the battery for you. Otherwise, I recommend to remove the battery and take it to your local AutoZone or Oreilleys and have them charge and load test the battery. They will definitely be able to tell you if the battery has failed....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Thank you. I'll do that tomorrow and get back to you.

sounds good..

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

Thank you! I bought a new battery this morning and it is working fine now.

Cool, glad I could help..

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through >>> My Profile Page <<< (Bookmark this link and share it with your friends). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

****Please remember, this expert will not be paid for his time and effort unless you "Rate" leaving a "Positive" rating of 3 Stars or better. Thanks in advance for a positive rating ****

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician