Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

When if put in security lockdown is there a simple way to…

Customer Question
When if put in...

When if put in security lockdown is there a simple way to reset it ???

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 pacifica

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried reset by removing battery and using key fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Justg want to start and use my car again

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

Lets try this reset first

Make sure you have a good battery and holding 12 volts

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if that does not work

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat