Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It has been misfiring since we replaced the relay fuel pump…

Customer Question
It has been misfiring...

It has been misfiring since we replaced the relay fuel pump under the back seat, what is going on with it?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Yes but it also dies occasionally it has 100,000 on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 chrylser 300c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my husband has been a mechanic all his life and prior to replacing the relya fuel pump we replaced the spark plugs and the crank shaft sensor.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/3/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause misfiring and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. Misfires can be caused by ignition system issues, injectors, wiring, the engine controller itself, internal engine issues, possibly fuel quality.

Are any fault codes setting?