Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a low beam headlight out on the passenger side.

Customer Question
I have a low...

I have a low beam headlight out on the passenger side. Looking to replace both headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

The bulbs in there now are the same ones the car came with when purchased in 2004 (I think). I've had the car for five years and the bulb went out three weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Chrysler?

Crossfire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've removed the rubber cap protecting the bulb housing, and removed the old bulb And replaced with the new bulb. All of this just on the driver's side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the metal/wire clip that holds the bulb in place in the actual headlamp is missing from the driver's side. We seemed to have dropped it when trying to reattach it, and cannot find it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
1/2/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: tracer5, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
tracer5
tracer5, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am not sure I am follow what the question is? Can you reword your question? Thanks, Randall

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a way to install new headlights on a Chrysler Crossfire without removing the entire headlight component?

From what I know and remeber and looking at factory information? no there is not, It really is not too hard to remove the whole headlight. I can send repair information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok - that would be helpful to look at. I am also missing the metal clip that firmly holds the bulb in the headlight socket. Do you, or anyone you know, know how to replace that metal clip?

in the wheel well per say or inner fender well is an access cover to get to the lower bolts. Here is the file link showing how to remove the lights

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required . Rating includes any follow-up questions you may have once you leave feedback rating. Free trials and member questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!Randall

I will send some information on the clip next bear with me

The clip can not be bought as by itself. You can try junk yards, you can try local parts store as Dorman may? make them but I know its crazy but this link to Saab and it is the same clip used and you can order one, Some people try with wire to make their own and it works Here are the links

https://www.saabexpress.com/p/Headlight-Bulb-Retainer-Headlight-Fastener-Clip-Spring/48821397/5400007.html

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required, Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the image you sent from a Crossfire or Saab?

the link is for saab that is to have same clip, the image? was one I found from a crossfire online to give idea of what it looks like

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I spoke with the Saab/Subaru dealership about the part you sent, and they actually had a customer come in looking for the same clip for a Crossfire. They ordered the part and it worked for what the customer needed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still would like to know if the image you sent (a6e3f522-3f0b-4c0e-acbf-3ed22e694710_3.jpg) is of a Crossfire or a different car?
tracer5
tracer5
tracer5, ASE Certified Technician