Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Checked the relay run replaced with another one the problem…

Customer Question
Checked the relay run...

Checked the relay run replaced with another one the problem went away for a couple minutes but airbag light will go on and off constantly

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 Chrysler 300c 5.7L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

The airbag light comes on whenever I use the climate control. I’ve checked the relay run and replaced it. The problem went away and climate control started working again, but airbag light would still come on and off every couple minutes or so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Just in case for any confusion the problem is that the airbag light is on and my climate control completely stops working.
1/2/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

Have you had a chance to get the airbag system scanned for codes?

If not, I would suggest that be your first step since the code will point us n the right direction.

Can you reply back once you have had a shop scan it for codes?

I’ve had it scanned for codes, unfortunately i lost the copy I would have to get another one. But they told me that the codes were leading to the radio harness. There is an aftermarket radio installed. They believe that there is a problem in the wiring harness for the radio.

Ok, if you used an OBD2 code reader these do not have the ability to read airbag codes, so you'll need to find someway to read the airbag codes. Once we know the codes, then we know where to start. Reply back at your leisure. Thanks.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** a time limit on our communication? I can take it to get the codes checked tomorrow.

Yeah. I'll be online through out the day........not constant but frequently. Let me know.

Appreciate the help, I will be in touch tomorrow.
Sounds good.
I got it checked the code is VMM 319.

Ok, that is not a fault code for your vehicle. You'll need to use a scan tool capable of reading airbag codes.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics