Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughter hit the AWF sensor and broke the plastic. FCW…

Customer Question
My daughter hit the...

My daughter hit the AWF sensor and broke the plastic

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

FCW light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2012 Chrysler 300c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened yesterday just trying to get a sense for cost or can I fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I am fill thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
1/1/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

The Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system uses a sensor/camera mounted in the front bumper area. During any sort of collision, this unfortunately is going to get damaged. If you have collision insurance on the vehicle you might want to decide to use it now because this is not a cheap fix by any means.

The camera alone is upwards of $1500 the last time I looked plus, there is a special and precise adjustment that needs to be done to it. Once all that is completed, your dealer needs to road test this with a laptop connected to allow the system to go through its calibration process before it will work again. Typically this can be anywhere from 1-2 hours of shop time at your dealer.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks.