Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I tried to start my 2005 Chrysler 300 but all I get is

Customer Question
I tried to start...

I tried to start my 2005 Chrysler 300 but all I get is clicking. the battery is fine. just clicking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just started now. sounds like it is coming from the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don t know anything about cars. I would just get ahold of my mechanic but it is new years day

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is cold out but I was out yesterday when it was way colder and no problems

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
1/1/2018
Chrysler Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

where is the clicking coming from?

the engine area?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sounds like the engine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It sounds like it is coming from the engine
how do you know the battery is good?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have power to heated and light and all dashboard lights light up

okay, the starter takes significantly more power than the head lights and dash lights.

the problem is just that your battery is weak. you need to jump start the car and consider replacing the battery if this happens again.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok ill try to get a boost

the car will start.

Chrysler Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin .do you still require assistance

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic