Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I’m trying figure out what type of steering pump I need for…

Customer Question
Hi I’m trying figure...

Hi I’m trying figure out what type of steering pump I need for my Chrysler Pacifica 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chrysler Pacifica. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Trying see why my hood won’t pop up

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/31/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you looking for what type of power steering pump your vehicle has ( mechanical or electric)?

When you pull the hood release does the hood move at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Hood doesn’t move think it’s frozen it’s cold outside
I believe it’s mechanical

O.k., you will need a second person to push down and pull up on the hood back and forth as you try to release it with the handle to then open it.If the handle will not pull don't force it as you will break the hood release cable.You will need to wait for it to warm up or run the engine to help warm the hood latch and cable to then be able to open it.

You have a mechanical power steering pump that runs anywhere from $110 to $170 depending on where it is purchased.You can get it from a dealer or a local parts store.Dealer parts are best but also usually cost the most.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician