Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We jump started it and replaced the battery - now it will…

We jump started it...

We jump started it and replaced the battery - now it will not start - turning the ignition switch has no effect on starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key turns and diagnostic lights come on -

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 PT cruiser 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not very handy - we had AAA replace battery - as it did not start after very cold spell

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My daughter thinks it is a security lockout of some kind

12/30/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a security light on in the dash?

there is a red flashing dot when after we turn the key - and starter does not engage

if you leave the key in the on position does it go out after a few mins?

not sure - will test now - put it in on position or starting position?

try to start and then leave it on the on position

holding key for a few minutes?
dot is still flashing

ok open and shut all the doors and the hood, put key in door to unlock and lock it and try to start again

gave that a try - still have a red dot

Ok so next step is to get a scanner and see what the theft codes are, do you have access to one?

nope - will our local garage have one?

they sure will, after the codes are retrieved I can further assist on what direction to go in for diagnostics or repairs

thanks for your help

sure thing!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician