Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thank you for your earlier reply about my non functioning…

Customer Question
Thank you for your earlier...
Thank you for your earlier reply about my non functioning indicators. I cannot understand your answer about the faulty indicator switch, as when I use it the green indicators in the dash light up and flash as they should but no external lights work.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

the power to the turn signals comes from that switch , the fuse is good and the flasher relay clicking and the indicator light on the dash are pulsing but signals not coming on or pulsing like they supposed

now when we get to the switch you need to check the wiring going to the turn signal & from that switch pin back to turn signals , with test lights probed on that pin the test light should come on and off ,if it doesn't that confirms the switch is bad , if it does and the signal not lighting up then we have to trace wiring back to the signal this will require wiring diagrams to follow the circuit and see where we are losing it .

but the most common is the switch .

does that help