Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 S…even When the car is powered…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Chrysler...
I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 S…even When the car is powered off it’s still beeps ever so subtly every 10 to 15 minutes ...there are seemingly no variables. My phone is not paired to the car Bluetooth, I don’t subscribe to serius satellite radio, I don’t have anything connected to the car that would cause it to beep this way dependent on something other the car itself. Anyone have an idea?
30 December 2017 01:12 am
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

when it beeps , do the headlight and turn signal flashes ?

is there a red led security light flashing or steady on ,when it beeps , look on dash display

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

None of this occurs. It is completely off and I notice it when I happen to be sitting outside smoking. I know it comes from the front of the car but can not locate a specific origin.

at this time ,You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

is there any after market equipment on car

the beep is your security system or horn ?

I’ll have to bring it in to do this. I’ll be sure to get back to you. The check engine light is on but I was told that is not accurate...I recently had my heater maintenanced but that is now working and the beeping occurred prior to the beeps. I have also noticed the beeping occurs roughly every 5 minutes instead of roughly 15.

the check engine light is on , then scan it will tell why, i do not understand why they told you the chec engine light not accurate

the heater should not be related to the beep

unless the door chime is intermittently going on every 15 minutes ,have check the door switches for that

and that is a possibility ,i m sorry i just can not hear it to be accurate but between door chime , horn ,secuirty one of them doing it

which i can tell you some more on it at this time

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey I figured out what it was! I just wanted to provide you some feedback and say thanks for your help regardless! It’s a pressure release valve on top of the radiator cap...the temperature here has dropped significantly and in combination with excess air, the valve makes a low beeping noise every time it relieves pressure!

hi ashely ,you welcome

Awesome news i m glad you got it