Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It starts stalling going uphill over 50 MPH. It stalls at…

Customer Question
Hello! It starts stalling...

Hello! It starts stalling going uphill over 50 MPH

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

It stalls at idle and when driving . Engine light comes on sometimes and goes away. It also stall badly when A/C is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '50 Chrysler?

PT Cruiser 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I have a mechanic, but he is puzzled. Last thing he is recommending is to replace charcoal cannister.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So it sounds like your a/c compressor is going bad, that needs to be addressed, then we need to find out what codes are in the computer to see if there could be a relation to the stall, fuel pressure needs to be checked in the stall condition first to see if its a fuel issue

I am not a mechanic and do not know about the code
I do not want a phone call. I read that it could be the camshaft. My mechanic has been working on it for a while.

Ok it sounds like you need a new mechanic, no offense but a good mechanic would have this figured out by now. Its just that simple

I wish to cancel this conversation.

sure thing just call customer service