Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power to fuses or relay. Consistent. Used to work now no…

Customer Question
No power to fuses...

No power to fuses or relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Used to work now no power

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2005 Chrysler 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Testing fuse box. Made sure wires are connected to controls

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to see why have no power to the blower motor or resistor or associated fuses

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You shouldn't have power to the blower motor resistor. Ground flows through the resistor, supplied from the control head. The blower motor receives a power feed on one wire directly to the motor when the key is on.

What exact symptoms are you trying to diagnose?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician