Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Both head rests popped open and can't be closed. Did I say…

Customer Question
Both head rests popped...

Both head rests popped open and can't be closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Did I say there was a noise?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Both head rests popped open. They have a mechanism inside. We can't get them to close.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Do you know how to close the head rest mechanism or not?????

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/28/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 6 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Good afternoon.What kind of 2012 vehicle do you have?
Chrysler 200 These is some kind of mechanism inside the head rests, not found in owners manual. The two head rest are open (surprise!) and I can't get them to close up.
Waiting response
To reset the active head restraints you will need a scantool. Do you have one?
no. I have a hammer though
What is a scantool????Why is there no info about active headrests in owner's manual???

I have attached the directions to reset the AHR..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Do you need more help?

Standing by....

Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 5 months ago

Take care,

Brad