Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Replacing rear brakes and rotors on a chrysler 200 (2014).

Replacing rear brakes and...

Replacing rear brakes and rotors on a chrysler 200 (2014). Got the brakes and caliper off, no problem. Can't get the rotor off the hub. The parking brake is off and I made sure the parking brake adjustment is loose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

The brake fluid is good. I think this may be the first time for the rear brakes. Not much mileage on the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

2014, it's a 200.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm working on it for a friend. Just replacing the rear brakes and rotors. Removed the brakes and caliper on the drivers side but the rotor will not come off. The parking brake is off and the parking brake adjustment is loose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that should be all. Thanks

12/28/2017
George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician

Hello I will help,

Click here for a .pdf of the procedure

Let me know if that helps

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi George,
Looks like this vehicle does not have the electronic parking brake. The vin number is *****
C3BCBEG6EN112401

Good then you do not need to set it in service mode. Have you removed the rotor to hub screw shown at #3 in the directions? If the rotor is still tight then you will need to spray a little PB Blaster on the center bore of the rotor and smack the lug area with a hammer three times.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Finally came off. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it! Please let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician