Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It’s a Chrysler town and country and I’m trying to get the…

Customer Question
It’s a Chrysler town...

It’s a Chrysler town and country and I’m trying to get the security code for my RBZ radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I purchased it off of eBay and I have the donor vehicles vin so I have everything I need

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Town and Country?

2015 but I don’t need any info from the t&c just the radio model and serial number and the donor vehicles vin

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I put in the radio and now all I need is the security code

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/28/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 3 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Good afternoon.Have you asked your local Dodge dealership for the code?
I have called a few times they don’t know if they can get it because it’s a used radio but I do have the donor vehicles vin
All we need to provide the code is the radios serial number and your VIN of the vehicle the radio is being installed into. We here at JustAnswer aren’t allowed to provide PIN numbers over the internet due to security reasons.
you just need the RBZ radio serial number and the vin of my vehicle I heard the code was made with the vin of the original vehicle
Radio serial number: T00AM2563T1378
correct. Bring that into any Dodge dealership and we can provide the pin free of charge.
Ok
The parts manager I called didn’t know if it could be done because it’s a used radio that wasn’t originally with my vehicle
I can guarantee you that if you bring the radio serial and the vin from your vehicle any dealership can get the code for you. Tell them Chrysler LLC. Informed you the pin was free of charge.
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 2 months ago

Did you ever get the code?

Brad
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician