Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 2008 sebring, today the horn would intermintly go…

Customer Question
I have an 2008...

I have an 2008 sebring, today the horn would intermintly go off for a 1 or 2 second beep, then it went off for 3 minutes. nothing I tried would get it to stop. then while driving my car would lose power, all electric worked, it was like there was no gas going to engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Gas mileage, good but a few time it seemed like it took a few seconds longer that usual to turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my self, looked at all fuses they seemed fine. have not tried anything yet. just checking boards to see if anyone has had same problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuse tray seemed in engine compartment seemed like it was a little loose, but don't know if that's normal.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/27/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

PCM,(power terrain module) are common issue on these cars and with the symptoms you are describing ?

click on link to view pdf file for location of pcm and also make sure you check the pcm connector for any water intrusion or backed out pins making poor connection

you can buy crc electrical contact cleaner to spray the connection and retest

this a website they will rebuild the pcm module for you and when you get it back it will be plug and play ,no scanner necessary to install it

https://store.allcomputerresources.com/

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat