Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have heat and defrost on the driver side of my car but…

Customer Question
I have heat and...

I have heat and defrost on the driver side of my car but just cold air blows out the passenger side.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Chrysler 200/2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am getting ready to try the actuator bit I have looked and most people say theirs clicks or makes a sound and mine doesnt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/27/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to help you with this.

Since the driver's side is working that tells me that the control circuit has power, so it is either an actuator issue or the blend door is getting stuck. Bad actuators won't always click, they only make the clicking noise if the gears have stripped, if the motor side of it fails then it will be completely dead. I would recommend starting with the actuator

Ok so I understand that my car has 3 actuators should I replace one at a time. Or how do I know which one is bad?

Yeah there should be 3 total, 2 temperature and one blend. The passenger blend actuator is on the passenger's side, behind the glovebox on the HVAC housing

Hello, any luck with this?

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician