Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the front struts, brakes and rotors. Started the…

I changed the front...

I changed the front struts, brakes and rotors. Started the car then pumped the brakes, the abs light came on, I thought I could reset the light but don't have the tool to do so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Only the abs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 AWD Touring 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

The light came on last night when I thought I had finished the project.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I still have to get the alignment done, figured that needs done after struts. I was very careful to not pinch or bump the wires to the hub. Can the initial brake application cause this?

12/26/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You are correct. After you started the vehicle and pumped the brake, the vehicle sensed something wrong when the pedal went to the floor. The code should have corrected itself, but if it doesn't, and you do not have a scanner to clear the code, then you can disconnect the battery for a few minutes(5-10 minutes), then start the vehicle. The code will be cleared. If the code comes back after applying the brakes or driving a while, then you should inspect the sensors and have the vehicle scanned for codes. Be sure to check the fluid level, even though you did not open the lines.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Thank you Todd, I have a good quality scan tool for Mercedes equipment and it does OBDII, I thought it would check the codes but it appears I was incorrect. I Disconnected the battery but not over 5 min. I checked the fluid, it was ok but I didn't top it off. I have been a Heavy Equipment mechanic at a Deere dealership for over 17 years, you'd think I could do this but evidently I'm wrong:(... The worse part is my daughter is moving out of state, she is 22 and I'm a panic filled daddy. I don't want to send her away with any issues.
No, I took a break at work for this and won't be near the car until late. Can I take you up on this tomorrow or how do I connect with you?

I wouldn't fret to much about this issue as it is likely going to be a simple fix. Check these things, get the code, and get back with me. In order to connect back with me, you will only need to continue communicating on this thread that we are communicating on. I will be able to see it and replay.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Great thank you.

You are very welcome. I am always happy to help. Thank you for the rating.