Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have much difficulty shifting my 2002 Chrysler Concorde…

Customer Question
I have much difficulty...

I have much difficulty shifting my 2002 Chrysler Concorde from park to reverse. I have had the shift control cable removed and replaced. I have had the brake shift interlock solenoid replaced. I have had the shifting column lubricated three times. now what is wrong and what can I do. I have 138,000 miles on the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

2002 and no leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Concorde yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I have used the same mechanic for the past 6+ years.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/26/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the shifter not releasing from park intermittently or is it removing but very difficult to move?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Once I get the shifter out of park and into reverse I have no difficulty moving forward. I do lots of yanking on the shifter before moves into reverse. It seems that after the car sits for awhile I have difficulty again, but not as much as when the car has set idle overnight.

With the key on when you press on the brake do you hear the brake shift interlock click or make any noises when applying and releasing the brake pedal?

I expect to pay $5 deposit and a balance of $11 for your expert advise, as advertised in the beginning of this venture Nothing more...nothing less.
Please respond.

If this is about the phone call,that is an automated offer offered to all customers.There is no need to accept it as we can continue here.Let me know if you want to continue and if you saw my last post before this one?

Thanks Pete

I do not want to continue if this will cost me more than $16.00/

Unfortunately, I have no way to see any charge info on this myself.You would need to speak with customer care in the link below where they can help discuss this.If after you want to continue come back here and reply.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete

Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics