Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oil pressure seems low. Makes noise upon turning on the

Customer Question
Oil pressure seems low...

Oil pressure seems low. Makes noise upon turning on the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

I have a 2014. Yes, but it went off after 3 days

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Chrysler?

The basic model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the dipstick, and it shows very low oil so I'm looking to add to court to it. Should I do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that will be all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/24/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The next steps you should take before attempting internal repairs are in order. Get the oil level correct. If that does not help then do an engine oil flush to clean out the engine of sludge buildup. Then refill with the correct oil and a new filter. Of concerns persist then an oil pump and or overhaul is needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris