Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have been trying to remove a Toyota Sienna 2000 CE axle…

Customer Question
I have been trying to...
I have been trying to remove a Toyota Sienna 2000 CE axle shaft passenger side with no success! I am looking for someone with the the diagram to see what can be done at this point! Thanks
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/23/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there is a bolt and snap ring that need to be removed. I have attached directions with diagrams for this for you

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Ok, so you have the outboard shaft out and are trying to get the inboard shaft out, correct?

The bearing is part of the rear engine mount insulator, so you have to unbolt the insulator and then pry the inboard shaft out of the differential. If you are able to, dropping the exhaust gives more room to work with

ok, I think I need clarification.

Are you trying to remove the inner shaft with bearing, or just the inboard part of the outboard shaft I see in the last photo?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager