Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Chryslerafter approx 30 mins of highway driving has two…

Customer Question
Hi. My Chrysler(###) ###-####after...

Hi. My Chrysler(###) ###-####after approx 30 mins of highway driving has two notification lights go on. When this happens - cruise control stops working. Any idea what could this be and how to fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

Engine is 3.6. which fuse d i need t check? Isn't there lots of them?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

When it cools down - everything goes back to normal feels like something is overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Which 2 lights are coming on?

ABS and traction

This problem is usually caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor, when this occurs it will leave a code related to the problem in the computers memory. With the right scanner, that computer can be accessed and those codes can be retrieved and will identify the faulty sensor.

I hope this information is helpful, please accept my answer before leaving and thank you for using just answers, if you get those codes you can send them to me at this post anytime for more information.

Jim - thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it did not help, since when I went to the shop (from your words this sounded like shop problem, not fixable myself) it turned out that all they had to do is replace a some fuse or two. It costed me barely more than your fee.
Best regards.