Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 200. the battery ligh is on. no check engine…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 200. the battery ligh is on. no check engine light. but my code reader is pulling a charging system high voltage code and a battery high output code. All the dash light will come on and the car will die. Any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Chrysler?

Its a 200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes . its actually my girlfriends car. she said she has replaced the starter the altenator and the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

So yes, it's over charging and will ruin your battery. You need to have the charging system tested to confirm a bad voltage regulator.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.