Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2002 PT cruiser with 2.4 liter engine that quit on…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a 2002 PT cruiser with 2.4 liter engine that quit on an exit ramp at 30mph if the timing belt broke will the engine valves be bent
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike V.v, Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

In all honesty, they will likely be bent. One saving grace may be that you weren't accelerating, so the engine rpms and load might have been slow enough to not have damaged the valves.

Options are either replace the belt and find out or have a leak down test performed. This will tell you if the valves are bent prior to replacing the belt.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.v
Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician