Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A severe knocking in the engine. Seems to come from

Customer Question
A severe knocking in...

A severe knocking in the engine. Seems to come from underneath the engine. Oil checked, other fluids fine. No engine lights on. No overheating lights. Had a small amount of smoke from the back of the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It started about an hour ago on the interstate to texarkana texas. Hubs says left side underneath the engine. Very loud.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 Chrysler pacifica touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?

We checked fluids. It has died twice. Refused to start. We let it cool off and it started but still a loud knocking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats pretty much it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have blown an engine, if all fluids are good I wouldnt attempt to start it anymore, and pull the valve covers and oil pan to inspect for damage

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics