Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nothing on the dashboard will cut on. A few hours. 1999

Customer Question
Nothing on the dashboard...

Nothing on the dashboard will cut on

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

A few hours

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

1999 Chrysler LHS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LHS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, ive unhooked the battery & disconnected all wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It also has a ticking sound coming from the motor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/22/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I'm assuming that the vehicle operates otherwise normally but the instrument cluster does not work. There are a handful of things that could be causing the problem and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem is either going to be an internal failure in the cluster or a loss of power or ground to it.

If fuses are good then the next step would be to remove the cluster and test it's powers and grounds. If ok then the cluster will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.