Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2007 PT Cruiser. The engine light is on. Diagnostic shows…

Customer Question
2007 PT Cruiser. The...

2007 PT Cruiser. The engine light is on. Diagnostic shows trouble code PO 992

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Not stalled. The trans delays before engaging, esp when cold. Diagnostic shows PO 992 Trans fluid pressure sensor switch F circuit, trans control solenoid.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to. Have tried nothing so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Do you have access to a multimeter and some basic hand tools to run the diagnostic procedure?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Also, I need to know if this is the ONLY code coming up...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I do not have a multimeter. Yes, it is the only code that came up.
I do have hand tools. What are my next steps?

For now, I'm posting the diagnostic procedures for this code. Chances are high that the problem is an internal failure in the Solenoid Pack. To be sure, you would need to run these diagnostic procedures to eliminate the wiring and TCM.

Since you don't have access to the required tool, I highly recommend to take it to a reputable transmission repair facility at least for the diagnosis. Once they tell you what is wrong, you can decide whether it is something that you can repair yourself...

Here is the diagnostic procedures:

P0992 Procedure--->> Click Here to view <<---

P0845 --->> Click Here to view <<---

P0870 --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician