Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car won’t start. Put a new fuel pump, fuel filter, new relay…

Customer Question
Car won’t start...

Car won’t start . Put a new fuel pump , fuel filter , new relay for fuel pump . And have no pressure at the fuel rail . Car still won’t start . Turns over when starter fuel is used . . Maybe fuel pressure regulator ? . It’s a1998 Plymouth grand voyager 3.3 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

140,000. Not sure when last serviced ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Grand Voyager?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?

New fuel pump , filter , and relay . No pressure at fuel rail

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No . That is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/20/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 8 months ago
Matt Haas
Have you checked the fuses? Can you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key to the on position?
the pump runs and got fuel past the fuel filter
Are you still there ?
Chrysler Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 8 months ago
Ok. I’m thinking the pressure regulator is clogged if it is getting past the filter, but not intobthe fuel rail.
Don’t have the money on card to call . I thought the 16 I was charged already . I would at least get some kind of answer of what it could be . Maybe fuel pressure regulator
Chrysler Mechanic: Matt Haas,
 replied 8 months ago
What type of pump did you buy? There is a problem with store brand pumps being faulty. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Or access to one?