Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The motor when holding the gas pedal on to around 3000 RPM…

Customer Question
The motor when holding...

The motor when holding the gas pedal on to around 3000 RPM speeds up and drops speed from the certain RPM setting

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts the same as usual although when I stopped at the store today it would not keep running and there was no dash light on at the time and once I got it to keep running - idling and the all the dash lights stayed on and would not turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Chrysler Town/Country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far I disconnected the battery cable for a few minutes and then it was fine except when you hold the gas pedal on to around 3000 it would speed up and slow down in RPM no lights on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/19/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This 3000 rpm issue is that in park or while driving?

Couple told me it could be the fuel filter

Have you serviced the filters regularly? Can you respond to the info request I sent?

I don't believe it's ever been replaced

Have you ever had fuel pump issues? I ask because the filter is on the pump, not external. Have you checked the fuel pressure?