Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car jerks when i'm decelerating. It happens at 25 mph…

Customer Question
My car jerks when...

My car jerks when i'm decelerating. It happens at 25 mph only. And only when decelerating

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2002 sebring LXi convertable

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet but I'm thinking speed solenoid, or computer reset. I fixed my Solenoid B back in August. I just hit 100,000 miles last week and thats when this all started

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Headlight do come on. Battery is three months old

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My heat don't work. And when I have the air in off position, it still blows. And the faster I go the harder it blows

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/18/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

where does the jerking come from?

the steering wheel?

The transmission I think

okay... how can I help you with this? did you want to know possible causes?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would suspect you have a faulty drive shaft u join or transmission mount. It should be evident to a technician once the vehicle is raised for inspection. Other possible causes would be wear in the suspension or other output shaft joint gone bad.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.