Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

From ghana. I have chrysleram having a problem of the timing…

Customer Question
Good day my name...

Good day my name is ***** ***** ghana

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

I have chrysler(###) ###-####am having a problem of the timing chain marks 2.7l engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?

I can hear continoues sound coming from the valve cover like the oil is not pumping to the cam, tappers

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The oil pressure light is flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/19/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The oil light could be coming on due to a bad oil pressure sending unit but if the light is accompanied by engine noise then there is a good chance oil pressure is actually low for whatever reason. The problem could be a combination of a restricted pickup, oil pump failure, and excessive bearing clearance.

It would be best to use an actual gauge to check pressure. If pressure is found to be low then engine disassembly would be necessary to determine the extent of the damage and whether or not it would be cost effective to try to repair this engine or replace it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.