Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a coolant leak and it looks like it’s coming from…

Customer Question
I have a coolant...

I have a coolant leak and it looks like it’s coming from underneath the overflow tank but nothing wrong with tank and not overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

They are probably original hoses. It’s a 2008 town and country and the coolant is 50/50 mix

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I’m not. It just started today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems to only leak after I Drive it the first time of the day. Then when I Drive it later in the day it doesn’t leak that I can see but have had to fill the coolant overflow tank

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/18/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have a coolant leak and are looking for information on this issue. I know the overflow tank may appear to be in good shape, but there is a possibility that the tank itself is leaking. If the tank is in fact sound, then the issue is more than likely going to be the hoses in the system. In order to confirm the issue, the reservoir will need to be removed. Here, I am attaching an exploded diagram of the cooling system so that you can see what the possible causes could be. I am also attaching the replacement information for the reservoir, just in case.

If the hoses are faulty, then replacing them will cure your issue. Here, I am attaching the replacement pricing information for the reservoir. The labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop.

.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.