Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's a 2003 Dodge Neon SE and it idles very high. How can…

Customer Question
It's a 2003 Dodge...

It's a 2003 Dodge Neon SE and it idles very high. How can the idle speed be adjusted?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

150K, 2.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I do much of my own mechanical work. Not knowing how to adjust the idle however, I haven'y done anything yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

The idle speed is computer controlled on your Neon so there are no adjustments available. In the event you have a high idle then it can be caused by things like a vacuum leak, a loose intake boot to the throttle body or even a small hole/tear in the boot. Also the throttle cable may be binding and not allowing the throttle to return to its idle position. One of these 3 issues will be causing your problem so check them out and please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks.