Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have asked a question a while ago about the heater issue,

Customer Question
I have asked a...

I have asked a question a while ago about the heater issue, as i drive to work, the heater seems to just blowing cold air i can sometimes get it back if start changing the dash control switch but that does not seem to work all the time. Someone here said to bleed the air out of cooling system and that did not help???? what and where is this blend door do and where is at???

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Sorry 2004 Chrysler sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much because of my work long hours. i have only bleed out the cooling system and there was no air

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately, I don't see your last question on this.

First off with the engine running and warmed up and the heater on high heat locate the heater core hoses leading to the firewall and touch these hoses.They should both be hot or very warm to the touch and even in temperature.Have you checked this and are they both hot and even in the same temp feel?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

i did check them and they seemed warm to the touch
i also drive about 42 miles to work, as i get closer to my work that's when it starts blowing cold air

Was or is the heater blowing warm when the hose feel was checked?

use temp gun to get the info i believe they were around 158 dgrees

O.k.,were the two hoses checked for even hot or warm temp at all when the issue was occuring to see if one of the hoses had cooled down any at all compared to the other hose?

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics