Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2011 Town and Country. Manual 3rd row seats stowed, won't…

Customer Question
2011 Town and Country...

2011 Town and Country. Manual 3rd row seats stowed, won't unstow.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself. Have tried pushing them down to make sure they are full stowed, and pulling up on the strap. They will come up only a few inches and then no more. Cant reach any of the other straps. I dont believe there is anything in the compartment below other than the stowed seats. Irt's a new problem.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If there is nothing foreign interfering with the seats releasing then odds are you have a broken cable in each seat but there may be a mechanical failure in each. The seats would need to be disassembled for inspection and repair.

Make sure the head rests are not extended and getting caught when trying to unfold the seats. If ok and you don't see anything foreign then the next step would be disassembly of the seats starting with removing the seat covers for inspection, removal of the seats themselves may be necessary.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi—was able to fix it myself, but thanks for your help. I put a long pry bar under the seatbacks which were somewhat free, until I was able to get my hands under the seat bottom, which then lifted pretty easily. Nothing obviously wrong. So in future I’ll make sure the #4 pull tabs are in view when stowed.

I'm glad you got it!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician