Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My screen goes where my radio and backup camera usually are…

Customer Question
My screen goes white...

My screen goes white where my radio and backup camera usually are displayed

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

With the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2014 Chrysler town and country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. Not even sure what the problem could be. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This morning the battery acted like it wanted to drag. We think maybe because the screen is staying on, it has drained the battery.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

There is a radio software update for some radios, with the VIN number I can determine if this update applies to your vehicle. Here is a copy of the Bulletin --->> Click Here to view <<---

If your vehicle is included in this Bulletin, you can either take it to your dealer for the update or you can perform the update yourself. If you have at least an 8gb usb memory stick, let me know and I can give you the instructions for performing the update...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.