Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Car bubbling back in reserve. Chg thermostat, radiator cap,

Customer Question
Car bubbling back in...

Car bubbling back in reserve. Chg thermostat, radiator cap, added new coolent, coolent part with coolent bleed on it. Cleaned out small hose leading to coolent reserve, cleaned out nipple to reserve that hose attaches to. Checked for blown head no sign n oil. Need to replace wire from coolent to make temp gadgets work in dash but we're is the wire plugged in at to the computer. Help....

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle overheated in the past? And what about servicing? Is it up-to-date on oil changes?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes n sent all that information in my first text

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just had recently replace transmission n after that car started over heating which wasn't before

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/16/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

How quickly does it overheat?

Did you actually test for a blown headgasket using either a block test or compression testing? Checking for coolant in the oil does not constitute testing for a leaking headgasket as that is only a symptom in about 40-50% of the cases of a leaking headgasket

Can drive some little ways then can start up then bubbles or can drive little n bubbles. Have not done what you just asked
I have just paid 26.00 for ur advise. I'm not paying no more. I will not b charged anymore
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics