Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Why does the power steering system build up pressure in the…

Customer Question
Why does the power...

Why does the power steering system build up pressure in the reservoir?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Replaced reservoir & replaced pump, yesterday, still whines. noticed pressure build up when I shut off engine. And this morning vacuum on system when I tried to remove reservoir cap

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2006 Chrysler Town & Country 62,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a garage fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Before I had the pump replaced, I noticed the whine started up afe

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

The pressure build up is caused by the steering rack pinon usually not the pump or resrvoir ?

who told you they need replacig or you were just trying

please let me know

'

If the pressure is caused by the rack why do we need a pump. Your answer does not make sence

the pump is there to move fluid around in the system then that fluid goes into the steering rack and gets pressurized to creates the steering assist for you .

is the pressure busting the seals on the lines ?