Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My radio stopped working a few months ago. Now the other day…

Customer Question
My radio stopped working...

My radio stopped working a few months ago. Now the other day my climate controls don't work except to turn them on and off, my interior light doesn't work, my trunk controls (both on the key fob and in the car) along with my interior light, door locks, and my ABS light won't turn off. Last night I shit off my car and took out the key but it ran for 2 minutes more. And whenever I shit it off now it takes about 30 SEC to get the car to shut off. I replaced all my IOD fuses even though they looked and tested fine but nothing. It's a 2008 Chrysler Sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

The manual doesn't mention anything about this issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 Sebring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the IOD fuses. And yea, I'm unemployed so can't really afford a mechanic if I can avoid it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 day by:
12/16/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You have at least a couple different issues going on. The ABS light is a separate problem and a scan tool will be needed to see what fault codes have set to begin diagnosis there. The other issues are being caused by a lack of power on the IOD circuit. If the fuse is truly good then it's going to require some testing to determine where power on the circuit is being lost, whether it's at the TIPM itself or you have a wiring issue between the TIPM and the inside of the vehicle.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ended up being a short, still not quite sure yet. The car almost caught fire today while I was looking at it.

A short to ground on the IOD circuit would blow the fuse.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician