Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My sliding door won’t unlatch. If I manually open the door…

Customer Question
My sliding door won’t...

My sliding door won’t unlatch. If I manually open the door then push the button it will continue to open for me. It also won’t unlatch when in the open position.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 T&C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve replaced the harness and that seems to work for about a week then the door stops working again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The other door works perfectly fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chrysler
12/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Has it been scanned for codes yet? If you take it to someone who has access to a factory scan tool DRBIII they will be able to talk to the sliding door module and retrieve codes from it. With these codes, we can make a educated determination as to what can be wrong.

from what you are stating so far, it seems that the sliding door latch assembly may be at fault. This part has several switches and sensors that are used in operation of the sliding doors, if one of the sensors or switches is not operating it can cause this issue. To be absolutely sure of the failure, scanning the sliding door module will be the best course of action to take...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.