Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The van will crank, put in new fuel pump, will not start…

The van will crank...

The van will crank, put in new fuel pump, will not start when cold unless I crank several time, flood then hold down pedal 10 sec. then it will start or not. when hot usually will start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes ; plugs orginal 90k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Chrysler?

2013 town & country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

No took it too repair shop, driving them crazy & my wife

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

12/15/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be causing the hard start. The problem may be a leaking injector, a fuel quality issue, it could be cam timing related, even the powertrain control module itself. It's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

Have you checked for fault codes?

And the result?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician