Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2004 Chrysler Siebring Lx, jumper cables were hooked up

Customer Question
backwards, blew computer modules up...
2004 Chrysler Siebring Lx, jumper cables were hooked up backwards, blew computer modules up. If I get computer modules, BCM, ECM, ECT. I have to have it programmed at the dealership, is that correct?? Is there anything else I need to know or do??
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Richard,

Yes if these modules have been damaged when e it was jumped backward then programming will be needed and that is usually done at the dealer. One other thing you should do is check your fuse to be sure are in place and none are blown.

Thanks. I need to get all three modules, at wrecking yard correct??

Yes, that should work and long as you get them programmed for the car your installing them in and they're not defective.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again

Ron, ASE Certified Technician