Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Will not charge. New alternator new battery new pigtail at…

Will not charge. New...

Will not charge. New alternator new battery new pigtail at alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Brand new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2001 LXI Coupe 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself new battery new alternator new pigtail connection at alternator

12/13/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked the output at the alternator for voltage with car running?

I pulled it out of the car and had it tested and it tested fine but I I'm not sure how to test the voltage in the car. I do have a voltmeter
Volts on battery 12.5 not running. Volts on battery 12.4 while car is running

do you have a vin so I can make sure I get the right diagram for this?

4C3AG52H01E082304

OK check these fuses first, fusable link 8 and 1, fuse 14 in engine compartment fuse panel, check with meter to ensure continuity and good ohms and then check fuse 13 in drivers fuse panel same way

Fuses are good

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz39xpdeubg63rt/printout.docx?dl=0

Ok check these tests out next and see how it does

f**k it! I am taking it to a mechanic

well these things can get complicated, let me know what the mechanic says, I can help on that end as well, before you approve anything, just to make sure they arnt being shady and give you a good deal

Definitely thanks

your very welcome,

.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician